Automotive Tinting :: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will my defroster work after my rear window is tinted?
Absolutely! We apply the window film directly over defroster lines and your defroster will continue to function as before. In fact, you may begin using your defroster as soon as you leave the shop, this will actually speed up the drying process.
2. Do you use one piece of film to tint each window or will several pieces be glued together?
We require all of our installers to use a single piece of film for each window because this provides for a better appearance and diminishes the risk of peeling. All of our installers are masters of their trade and have years of experience in the industry.
3. Will there be visible gaps between the window film and the edges of the windows?
No, we cut all window film to the exact shape and size of your vehicle’s windows, and make certain that there are no visible gaps or imperfections.
4. Can window film be applied in wet or cold weather?
Yes, window film can be installed in any weather. However, when window film is installed in cold or wet weather, the adhesive may take longer to dry.
5. Where can I see examples of your work?
Please proceed to our gallery. Check our facebook fan page and instagram account for more photos.
6. How long does the installation process take?
The installation process takes 2 to 3 hours on average. However, the length of the installation process greatly depends on the cleanliness of the vehicle and the shape of the windows.
7. Can I roll down my windows after window film installation?
No, at least not for the first 3 to 5 days, it takes time for the film adhesive to dry and rolling down your windows too soon can damage the window film.
8. I heard that window film contains metallic particles, will this affect the performance of my vehicle’s navigation equipment?
In some applications metallic or semi-metallic films can cause interference with AM radio and Satellite Navigation signal reception. The only way to be 100% guaranteed that there will be zero interference is to use a metal free film. For these applications we carry and recommend utilizing 3M ColorStable. This film is 100% guaranteed not to interfere with Satellite Navigation or radio signals.
9. Do you provide a warranty?
Yes! We offer a lifetime warranty on both the film and installation. If there are any defects or imperfections in the window film after installation, we will gladly fix the problem. However, we are not responsible for any damage caused by the customer or general wear and tear.
10. Are tinted windows legal?
Yes, tinted windows are legal. However, the Washington State Patrol has specific visibility standards and you will be ticketed if your window film is too dark. All of our installers are well versed in Washington State window film regulations and will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. Click here for more information.